掃呢頁CODE去手機

2015年11月11日 星期三

每日堅持! 學識這裡的英文! 1個月就可以流利的跟外國人溝通!!! 生活+趣聞,



What are you trying to say?(你到底想說什麼?)

Don't be silly.(別胡鬧了。)

How strong are your glasses?(你近視多少度?)

Just because.(沒有別的原因。)

It isn't the way I hoped it would be.(這不是我所盼望的。)

You will never guess.(你永遠猜不到。)

No one could do anything about it.(眾人對此束手無措。)

I saw something deeply disturbing.(深感事情不妙。)

Money is a good servant but a bad master.(要做金錢的主人,莫做金錢的奴隸。)

I am not available.(我正忙著)

Wisdom in the mind is better than money in the hand.(腦中的知識比手中的金錢更重要)

Never say die.it's a piece of cake.別泄氣,那只是小菜一碟。

Don't worry.you'll get use to it soon.別擔心,很快你就會習慣的。

I konw how you feel.我明白你的感受。

You win some.you lose some.勝敗乃兵家常事。

Don't bury your head in the sand.不要逃避現實。

I didn't expect you to such a good job.我沒想到你乾得這麼好。

You are coming alone well.你做得挺順利。

She is well-build.她的身材真棒。

You look neat and fresh.你看起來很清純。

You have a beautiful personality.你的氣質很好。

You flatter me immensely.你過獎啦。

You should be slow to judge others.你不應該隨意評論別人。

I hope you will excuse me if i make any mistake.如有任何錯誤,請你原諒

It was most careless ofme.我太粗心了。

It was quite by accident.真是始料不及。

I wish i had all the time i'd ever wasted,so i could waste it all over again.我希望所有被我浪費的時間重新回來,讓我再浪費一遍。

I like you the way you were.我喜歡你以前的樣子。

You two go ahead to the movie without me,i don't want to be a third wheel.你們兩個自己去看電影吧,我不想當電燈泡。

Do you have anyone in mind?你有心上人嗎?

How long have you known her?你認識她多久了?

It was love at frist sight.一見鍾情

I'd bettle hit the books.我要複習功課啦。

a piece of one's mind .直言不諱

He gave me a piece of mind,"Don't shift responsibility onto others."他責備道:「不要把責任推卸到別人身上。」

a cat and dog life 水火不容的生活

The husband and his wife are always quarrelling,and they are leading a cat and dog life.這對夫婦老是吵架,相互之間水火不容。

a dog's life 潦倒的生活

The man lived a dog's life.這個人生活潦倒。

A to Z 從頭至尾

I know that from A to Z. 我很了解這件事。

above somebody 深奧

Well,this sort of talk is above me.我不懂你們在講什麼。

all ears 全神貫注地傾聽著

When you tell Mary some gossip,she is all ears.跟Mary講一些小道消息,她會聽地仔仔細細。

all the more 更加,益發

You'll be all the better for a holiday.度一次假,對你會更有好處。

all dressed up 打扮得整整齊齊

She is all dressed up and nowhere to go.她打扮得整整齊卻無處炫耀。

all in all 總的說來;最心愛的東西

The daughter is all in all to him.女兒是他的無價寶。

all out 竭盡全力

They went all out.他們鼓足了幹勁。

all over 全部結束;渾身,到處

Glad,it is all over.這事全部結束了,好得很。

I'm wet all over.我渾身都濕了。

all set 準備就緒

He is all set for an early morning start.他已做好清晨出發的一切準備。

all you have to do 需要做得是

All you have to do is to calm yourself down and wait for the good news.你需要做得是靜下心來等好消息。

as easy as falling of a log /as easy as snapping your fingers /as easy as ABC 容易得很

To me,a good story teller,it would be as easy as falling of a log.

對我來說,講個故事還不是隨手拈來。

as busy as a bee 非常忙

Mum is always as busy as a bee in the moring.媽媽每天早上都忙得不可開交。

at one's fingertips 了如指掌

*

*

How to get at that little island is at his fingertips.他知道怎麼去那個小島。

at one's wit's end 智窮

Don't ask him.It is also at his wit's end.不要問他了,他也不知道。

big shot 大人物,大亨

He is a big shot in our little town.

black sheep 敗家子,害群之馬

Every family has a black sheep.家家有本難念的經。

black and blue 遍體鱗傷

The thief was caught of red-handed and beaten black and blue.那個小偷當場被抓住並被打得青一塊紫一塊的。

black and white 白紙黑字

The proof is in black and white and the murderer has no any excuses.證據確鑿,兇手再也無話可說。

blind alley 死胡同

You are heading into a blind alley.你正在鑽牛角尖。

blow hot and cold 搖擺不定

This guy seemed to have no own idea.He always blew hot and cold.這傢伙好象沒什麼主張,總是搖擺不定。

blow one's own trumpet 自吹自擂

Don't blow your own tumpet.Let us see what on earth you can do.不要自吹自擂了,讓我們看看你到底能做什麼。

born with a silver in one's mouth 出生在富貴人家

He is born with a silver in one's mouth.他是含著金鑰匙出生的。

bland new 嶄新的

a bland new coat 新衣服

break the ice 打破沉默

The couple hadn't spoken to each other for a week.They were both waiting for the other one to break the ice.這對夫婦已經一個星期沒說過話了。兩人都在等另一方先開口。

by a blow 無意中的一擊

He is beaten to the ground by a blow.他被擊到在地。

can't stand it any longer 不能再忍受了

I can't stand it any longer,I quit.我再也忍受不了了,我走。

carry something too far 過火了

You are carrying your joke too far.你玩笑開得太過分了。

castle in the sky 海市蜃樓

You plan is nearly a castle in the sky.你的計劃簡直就是空想。

cats got one's tongue 啞口無言

chain smoker 老煙槍

come up with 產生,想出

Let me come up with some ideas.讓我想一想。

come easily 容易

Languages come easily to some people.有些人能夠很容易地掌握語言。

cup of tea 喜歡

Movies are not my cup of tea.我不喜歡看電影。

cut it out 停止,住嘴

Cut it out!I can't stand you any longer.

call it a day 不再做下去,停止(某種活動)

Let us call it a day,stop.這一天工作夠了,停工吧! dark horse 黑馬

Nobody considered that John would win the game.He was a dark horse in the final.

dear John letter 絕交信

Jack received a dear John letter from his girlfriend because he had broken her heart.

do somone good 對某人有好處

Having some moring exercises does you good.

Do you get me? 你明白我的意思嗎?

doesn't count 這次不算

It doesn't count this time,try again.

doesn't make sense 不懂;沒有任何意義

The sentence you made doesn't make any sense to me.

down and out 窮困潦倒

Being down and out,he couldn't support his family.

drive at 用意,意欲

What's he driving at?他用意何在?

drop in 偶然拜訪

I dropped him in on my way to the hospital.

drop me a line 寫信給我

On arriving the University,please drop me a line.

early bird 早起的人

An early bird catchs worms。捷足先登

easy come easy go 來得快去得也快

eat my words 收回前言,認錯道歉

I said something bad to my mum.Although I want to eat my words back, it didn't work,for I had hurt my mum's feeling.

face the music 直面困難

He knew he'd never get away with it so he decided to face the music and give himself up to the police.他知道自己不可能逃脫,因此決定一人做事一人當——向警察自首。

face up to 勇敢地面對某事

You must learn to face up to your responsibilities.

fed up 厭倦

I am rather fed up with your complaints.

feel free to do something 不要拘束

Please feel free to make suggestions.

few and far between 很少,稀少

Human beings are few and far between in this zone.

French leave 不辭而別

give me a headache 讓人頭痛

The naughty boy gave me a headache.

give me a hand 幫我一下

go Dutch AA制

God bless you 上帝保佑你

God bless you with your examinations.

God knows 天知道

Got it? 明白了嗎?

green thumbs /fingers 園藝技能

hands are full 非常忙

have a ball 勇敢

have had it 受夠了

I have had it with all your excuses.我受夠了你的藉口。

hold water 站得住腳

Non of his arguements seem to hold water.

in every sense of word 在某種意義上說

It's a lie in every sense of word.這是不折不扣的謊言。

keep an eye on 提高警惕

kill time打發時間

lazy bones 懶骨頭

Get up lazy bones!

leave it to me 讓我來吧

leave me alone 別管我

*

*like father like son 有其父必有其子

like it or not 不管你喜不喜歡

make a fool of oneself 愚弄某人

make a big money 賺大錢

make both ends need 收支平衡

We have to cut our expenses to make both ends need.

make waves 引起轟動;興風作浪

His achievement made waves in his country.

make yourself at home 別拘束

no good 沒有好結果

Bad mam comes to no good.

no kidding 不要開玩笑

none of your bussiness 不關你的事

not really 也不是……

old hand 老手

He is an old hand at stealing.

old story 老一套

I am tired of it,same old story.

on one's word of honor 以某人的人格擔保

on occasion 間或

of one's own accord 自願地

packed like sardins 擁擠

During the holidays,people in the trains are packed like sardins.

pass away 去世

pay the price 付出代價

You are playing with the fire and you must pay the poice one day.

put up with 忍受

I cann't put up with your rudeness any more;leave my room.

red-letter day 重要的或值得紀念的日子

red tape 繁文縟節

red carpet 紅地毯

run into 偶遇

I ran into an old friend in the shop yesterday.

run out of 用盡,缺少

Quick,quick,we are running out of time.

show up 炫耀

small potatos 小人物

so what? 那怎麼樣呢?

stand up for 忍受

suit one's taste 對某人的胃口

sunday dress 最好的衣服

sure thing 十有把握的事

take one's time 盡情玩

Take your time and enjoy it.

take the words out of one's mouth 說出某人想說得話

that's it 就是

that is really something 太好了

there is nothing I can do 我什麼都不能做

there you go 這邊請

there is nothing wrong with me 我沒事

under the table 死底下,秘密地

under the weather 身體不適

what's going on 怎麼了

what a man 多勇敢的人啊

walking dictionary 活字典

what is up 近來可好

Hi,I haven't seen you for a long time,what's up?

world class 一流的*

鍾意就快D Share啦!